- Hub of Cape Cod
- More than $5 million in streetscape and infrastructure improvements
- Pedestrian friendly sidewalks and cross walks, outdoor cafes and dining, new plantings and landscaping, seasonal décor, Walkway to the Sea
- 150 locally owned shops
- 40 restaurants and cafés featuring a broad range of cuisines
- Convenient free parking, including curbside in front of your business
- Majority of landlords are local and offer reasonable leases
- Post office, town government offices, library, banks, drug store, dry cleaners, hardware store, Hyannis Harbor, regional transportation center (regional bus service, excursion train, sightseeing trolley)
- Cape Cod Hospital and other health care services
- JFK Hyannis Museum and Cape Cod Maritime Museum
- Events bring customers to your establishment: Hyannis Open Street, First Fridays, Long Table, Halloween Safe Trick or Treat, Movies on the Green, Barnstable Town Band, Yoga on the Green, Hyannis Sound a capella concerts, Love Local Fests, Cape Cod Baseball League games, Harbor Your Arts – artist’s shanties at the Hyannis Harbor, Father’s Day Car Show, Fourth of July Celebrations.
Hyannis Main Street Business Improvement District as management entity provides advocacy with regulations and government relations, marketing, workshops and cooperative advertising, among other services.
For more information on opening a local business, visit www.businessbarnstable.com