New Downtown Hyannis Façade Program Announces Awards, Sparks New Improvements
April 3, 2023 Contact: Elizabeth Wurfbain
For Immediate Release 508-775-7982
Hyannis, MA- The Hyannis Main Street Business Improvement District (BID) announces awards totaling $115,000 to Downtown Hyannis small businesses for a new façade improvement grant program.
Elizabeth Wurfbain, Executive Director of the BID, stated “We knew this grant program would be a knockout of the park as we received a record number of applications, 37, and were thankfully able to fund 21 grants. Through additional matching funds from participating businesses, our budget is supporting about $400,000 in façade improvements of private/public monies this spring in the center of our downtown. Our hope is to turn this into an ongoing program that would support future initiatives in the area.”
This program was made possible through funding from MassDevelopment’s Transformative Development Initiative (TDI), and from a Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce REDO Grant via the Mass Office of Business Development. The BID worked collaboratively with the Town of Barnstable’s Planning and Development Department and Love Live Local to plan and manage the grant program. Winners are listed below:
- Palio Pizzeria, 435 Main St.
- Pupcakes 366 Main St.
- Red Store 252 Main St.
- Ninja House, 247 Main St.
- Mrs. Mitchell’s, 362-364 Main St.
- Smith Family, 545 Main St.
- Little Beach, 539 Main St.
- Country Soul, 605 Main St.
- Daniel Gracie, 92 Barnstable Rd.
- Pizza Barbone, 390 Main St.
- Port Cargo, 585 Main St.
- Clau’s Beauty, 330 Main St.
- Chelsea’s Swim, 580 Main St.
- Zoe & Co, 448 Main St.
- Kandy Korner, 474 Main St.
- Air & Space, 434 Main St.
- Moonshine, 578 Main St.
- Indian Pavillion, 511 Main St.
- Nonno Pizzeria, 640 Main St.
- Vanilla & Chocolate, 497 Main St.
- SAAG (Soft as a Grape), 555 Main St.